This route is for claims for a leave to enter or a leave to remain on the basis of family life when the partner does not meet the general eligibility requirements or if parental rights apply.
The 10-year route is an alternative category for the families unable to meet the requirements of the 5-year route. This route is also available for the parents of a British child or a child who lived in the UK continuously for 7 years as well as those who established a private life in the UK. The applicants for the 10-year route must prove that refusal for leave to enter or leave to remain of their case will be a breach of Article 8 of the European Convention of Human Rights. If the case is successful the applicant is granted a visa either under 10-Year Partner Route or 10-Year Parent Route.

It is stated that:
Only where there is something in the evidence to suggest it would be unreasonable for a child to leave; where there are insurmountable obstacles to family life with a partner outside of the UK or exceptional circumstances, that the family who would otherwise be expected to go, will satisfy the requirements under the rules or the exceptional circumstances policies to stay. 

Fees and Process

There are an application fee and IHS payment for this application and it may be updated from time to time, please consult us prior to your application. If the applicant is unable to pay the fees a fee waiver application can be made if the applicant is in need.

For more information regarding the application process, the documents required and fees, please contact us on 00 44 (0) 7948721767 or at [email protected]