This category applies to workers who are employees of international companies and being transferred to a UK branch. There are two types of Intra-Company Visa: Intra-Company Transfer Visa or Intra-Company Graduate Trainee Visa. Your family members can apply to join you. This category does not lead to indefinite leave to remain.
There are 2 categories within Intra-Company Visa:
- 1- Intra-Company Transfer Visa: Involves established, skilled employees, transferring to the UK to fill a position that cannot be filled by a newly recruited employee from the UK. The worker must have worked for at least 12 months for the company transferring them unless the salary offer for the UK position is £73,900. The general salary threshold is £41,500, however, if the "going rate" for the role is higher, the listed salary must be taken into account. If you are paid less than £73,900 your maximum total stay under this route can be 5 years in any 6-year period. If the salary level is £73,900 or higher your maximum stay can be 9 years in any 10-year period.
- 2- Intra-Company Graduate Trainee: Involves recent graduate employees transferring to a UK branch of the same organisation as a part of a particular graduate training programme. The trainee must have worked for this organisation for at least 3 months before being transferred. It is issued for a maximum of 12 months and cannot be extended within the UK. However, they may re-enter the UK applying under this category after working for 3 months for their local employer. They must be paid at least £23,000 or 70 % of the going rate for the job, whichever is higher.
In order to successfully apply for an Intra-Company Visa, applicants must score at least 60 points under the points-based system. The points are distributed as follows:
- Sponsor (20 points)
- Job at the appropriate skill level (20 points)
- Job at the required salary level (20 points)
- Your UK sponsor can certify maintenance for your application by confirming that they will maintain and accommodate you up to the end of the first month of your employment, to an amount of at least £1,270
- Another way is to provide evidence to show that you have held funds of at least £1,270 for a 28-
Fees and Processing
There is a fee payment required for this visa and it may be updated from time to time, therefore please consult us prior to your application.
For more information regarding the application process, the documents required and fees, please contact us on 00 44 (0) 7948721767 or at [email protected]