70 Upper Street Angel, London, N1 0NY +44 794 872 17 67
This category applies to non-EU individuals who want to move to the UK as the fiancé or proposed civil partner of a British citizen or a settled person. Applicants must intend to marry or register their civil partnership within six months of arrival in the UK. Under this visa, successful applicants may stay in the UK for an initial period of six months and thereafter can apply for as a partner under the Family of a British citizen or settled person visa.

In order to successfully apply, applicants must:
  • Prove that they and their partner are both aged over 18 years
  • Be legally able to marry under UK law or have an existing partnership that is valid
  • Demonstrate that they have met their partner in person and the relationship is genuine
  • Becoming to the UK to allow their marriage or civil partnership to take place
  • Meet the suitability requirements (i.e. applicant is being deported or has a prison record, it is in public interest to not be admitted to the UK, the applicant has outstanding bills or cannot be admitted for medical reasons or the applicant has not met requests of UK Border Agency).
  • Show that any previous relationships have completely ended
  • Intend to live with their partner in the UK permanently
  • Meet the financial requirement (minimum of £18,600 but dependent on the situation)
  • Meet the English language requirement (speak English to the required level).
  • Applicants must not work during their six months initial period under this visa and cannot apply for this visa from within the UK.

Fees and Processing

There is an application fee for this application and it may be updated from time to time, please consult us prior to your application.

For more information regarding the application process, the documents required and fees, please contact us on 00 44 (0) 7948721767 or at info@immigrationconnection.co.uk.
WhatsApp chat