FIANCE(E) OR PROPOSED CIVIL PARTNER VISA
This category applies to non-EU individuals who want to move to the UK as the fiance(e) or proposed civil partner of a British citizen or a settled person. Applicants must intend to marry or register their civil partnership within six months of arrival in the UK. Under this visa, successful applicants may stay in the UK for an initial period of six months and thereafter can apply for as a partner under the Family of a British citizen or settled person visa.
In order to meet the requirements, applicants must:
- Prove that they and their partner are both aged over 18 years
- Be legally able to marry or form a civil partnership under UK law or have an existing partnership that is valid
- Demonstrate that they have met their partner in person and the relationship is genuine
- Be entering the UK to allow their marriage or civil partnership to take place
- Meet the suitability requirements (i.e. applicant is being deported or has a prison record, it is in the public interest to not be admitted to the UK, the applicant has outstanding bills or cannot be admitted for medical reasons or the applicant has not met requests of UKVI).
- Show that any previous relationships have completely ended
- Intend to live with their partner in the UK permanently after the marriage or civil partnership
- Have the financial resource to accommodate and maintain themselves during the fiance(e) period
- Be able to meet the financial requirement (minimum of £18,600 but dependent on the situation) after the marriage or civil partnership
- Meet the English language requirement (speak English to the required level)
- Applicants must not work during their six months initial period under this visa
- Have a tuberculosis test result from a designated medical centre, where relevant
Fees and Processing
There are an application fee and IHS payment for this application and it may be updated from time to time, please consult us prior to your application.
For more information regarding the application process, the documents required and fees, please contact us on 00 44 (0) 7948721767 or at [email protected]