If your company wants to employ a non-EEA worker with no permit to legally work in the United Kingdom, you must register as a sponsor
  • Tier 2 General worker category is to employ a non-EEA skilled worker offered a job in the UK that can’t be filled by an already settled worker
  • Tier 2 Inter-company transfer category is in case you are a multi-national employer with a UK branch and transferring a worker already employed in the company
  • The job you are assigning to the migrant worker must match a description mentioned at Shortage Occupation List
  • You can register as a sponsor if you can prove that you are a functioning business with a sustainable financial status to employ a non-EEA skilled migrant worker
  • You must obtain a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)
  • Running a Residential Labour Market Test is required
Sponsorship Allocation
  • After you complete your application for a CoS, a panel will decide if you are eligible
  • There is a quota on CoS, therefore the panel will be selective in their decision
  • The quota given to you by the panel can be allocated to the skilled migrant the company decided to employ