UK Child Visa Application Advice and Consultant Services

Child Visa

If you are a British Citizen or have Indefinite Leave to Remain, you can bring your or your partner’s non-British child under the age of 18 to the UK under the Appendix Family Member of UK Immigration Rules. This category is simply known as Child Visa. 

You have to meet the same rules that are set out for family members under Appendix FM of UK immigration rules.

UK Child Visa Requirements

The specific requirements for a UK Child Dependent Visa vary based on individual circumstances.

However, the general criteria include:

Age: The child should be under 18 years old and not married or in a civil partnership.

Dependency: The child should not be leading an independent life.

Financial Support: You must demonstrate sufficient funds to support your or your spouse’s child’s life in the UK, meeting the minimum income crtieria stated in Appendix FM.

Proof of Relationship: A UK-based parent or the UK-based sponosr’s partner who is the parent is required to have full legal responsibility for the child.

Accommodation: The UK-based parent or partner sponsoring their partner’s child should have suitable accommodation with enough rooms for both the child and the family.

It’s important to note that children applying for this visa are not required to prove their knowledge of the English language.

If you do not meet these requirements, an application may still be possible. However, in such cases, the rules depend on the exceptional circumstances relevant to your family life.

Please note that if you are a visa holder, you will need to refer to the rules regarding dependent children in the immigration category under which your visa had been granted.

If you have a child you wish to bring to the UK, please contact us at +44(0)7948721767 or for a free consultation to check eligibility.

Immigration Connection UK Family Visa Services

At Immigration Connection, our team of OISC-regulated UK Immigration experts specialises in UK family visa applications. We’re here to provide comprehensive assistance for all your UK Family visa and immigration needs.

Our dedicated immigration professionals at Immigration Connection will:

  • Offer in-depth immigration advice tailored to your specific situation.
  • Assess your personal circumstances and determine your eligibility for a UK Family visa.
  • Evaluate the eligibility of your sponsor.
  • Explain the entire UK Family visa application process, ensuring clarity at every step.
  • Provide you with a comprehensive checklist of required documents based on your visa application type and unique circumstances.
  • Review all your supporting documents to ensure they meet the necessary criteria and format.
  • Complete your application forms and prepare detailed representations/cover letters in accordance with the Immigration Rules.
  • Schedule an appointment for your biometric enrollment.
  • Manage the uploading of all supporting documents.
  • Maintain communication with the Home Office UKVI throughout the application process until we receive a decision.
  • Keep you informed at every stage of your application journey.

Ready to proceed with your UK visa application?

You can reach us at 07948721767 or via email at Alternatively, use our contact form to request a callback. We offer a free consultation to discuss your immigration needs and check your eligibility. 

Let’s look at the highlights

Visa Length

If the child is applying from outside the UK, they are granted a 33-month visa whereas if they apply from inside the UK, they are granted a 30-month visa.

English Language Requirement

Children are exempt from this requirement. They will not need to pass any English exams to apply.

Waiting Times and Costs

The waiting time for this application is 12 weeks. However, it is possible to pay an additional fee to the Home Office and get a faster decision. Please contact our office to get a breakdown of all the application fees and costs.

Frequently Asked Questions

A child must be under 18. They also must not be married or lead an independent life.  Additionally, the child must not be married or leading an independent life, and you must have the explicit consent of the child’s other parents if they are from your partner’s previous relationships.

In summary, you need to prove your relationship to your child or the relationship between your spouse and their child. You must have arranged suitable accommodation for the child to live with you and your partner in the UK. You must meet the financial requirements to prove you can maintain and support the child’s welfare. If the child requires additional arrangements, such as constant care, these arrangements must have also been made. Additionally, the child must not be married or leading an independent life, and you must have the explicit consent of the child’s other parents if they are from your partner’s previous relationships.

Need Help? Let’s Get in Touch

    To Top