Spouse (Partner) Visa 10-Year Route
The Spouse Visa 10-year Route is for married or unmarried eligible partners who are unable to meet the full criteria outlined in Appendix FM and have compelling reasons to stay in the UK and maintain their family life.
Some partners may lose the chance of eligibility at the extension stage while on a Spouse Visa 5-year route due to changing financial circumstances or English language barriers. If this is the case, you can switch to the UK Spouse Visa 10-year Route if your relationship is subsisting and genuine even though you don’t meet the full eligibility criteria.
Usually, individuals who are unable to meet the English language or the financial requirement of earning a minimum of £18,600 gross per year switch to the Spouse Visa 10-year Route to pursue their family life in the UK.
If you are not on a Spouse Visa yet and do not meet the eligibility criteria listed in Appendix FM, you can still apply to stay with your partner under 10-year Route, switching from other routes, including a tourist visa. Those with no legal immigration status, such as illegal immigrants or over-stayers (those who stay after the expiration of their visas), can also apply as such. However, you will need to prove the compelling reasons and exceptional circumstances preventing you from returning to your home country.
This application can also be made from outside the UK if there are exceptional and unique circumstances involving your family life. UKVI will examine your application file and establish whether discretion should be utilised to grant you permission to enter the UK under the 10-Year Route as a partner.
On our Spouse Visa page, we have explained the details of the Spouse Visa 5-year route application and listed the requirements.
With the 10-year route, you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) after completing a 10-year stay on this route or combining it with other relevant family visas specified in the immigration rules.
If, during your 10-year period, you become eligible for the requirements laid out in Appendix FM, you also have the flexibility to switch back to the 5-year spouse visa route at any time.
Requirements for Spouse Visa 10-Year Route:
- Both you and your partner must be at least 18 years of age.
- You are required to provide evidence to demonstrate your relationship to be subsisting and genuine.
- You must have the intention to establish permanent residence in the UK.
- Meeting the requirement of suitable accommodation is essential.
- The applicant must satisfy the suitability criteria outlined in Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules.
- Must provide evidence of compelling, exceptional and unique circumstances relevant to family life.
Immigration Connection UK Family Visa Services
At Immigration Connection, our team of OISC-regulated UK Immigration experts specialises in UK Spouse visa applications, including the 10-year Route. We’re here to provide comprehensive assistance for all your UK Family visa and immigration needs.
Our dedicated immigration professionals at Immigration Connection will:
- Offer in-depth immigration advice tailored to your specific situation.
- Assess your personal circumstances and determine your eligibility for a UK Family visa.
- Evaluate the eligibility of your sponsor.
- Explain the entire UK Family visa application process, ensuring clarity at every step.
- Provide you with a comprehensive checklist of required documents based on your visa application type and unique circumstances.
- Review all your supporting documents to ensure they meet the necessary criteria and format.
- Complete your application forms and prepare detailed representations/cover letters in accordance with the Immigration Rules.
- Schedule an appointment for your biometric enrollment.
- Manage the uploading of all supporting documents.
- Maintain communication with the Home Office UKVI throughout the application process until we receive a decision.
- Keep you informed at every stage of your application journey.
Ready to proceed with your UK visa application?
You can reach us at 07948721767 or via email at email@example.com. Alternatively, use our contact form to request a callback. We offer a free consultation to discuss your immigration needs and check your eligibility.
Start your path to a successful UK Family visa application with Immigration Connection, like hundreds of others.