SETTLED STATUS (after BREXIT)
Before 30 June 2021, EU, EEA and Swiss citizens (except Irish) and their family members (including Irish) can apply for a settled
or pre-settled status to continue living in the UK
To continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021, the deadline for the legal procedural end of the Brexit; EU, EEA, and Swiss citizens and their family members can apply for this scheme. EEA and Swiss nationals and their family members may obtain a settled status after living in the UK for 5 years. If they have lived less than 5 years they will be issues pre-settled status upon application. The application deadline is 30 June 2021.
- You will need to provide your ID and Biometric Residence Card if you have one
- If the system requires physical documents to be sent you will be directed via email
Fees and Processing
- Applying for this scheme is free
- Application is made online
- You will get a decision almost instantly on most cases
- Exceptional cases require further evidence for proof of status
- After holding the settled status for 12 months, you can apply for Naturalisation to become a British Citizen.