Tier 2 (General)
This category applies to non-EU individuals who have been offered a skilled position to fill a particular gap in the workforce. Under this visa, successful applicants may stay in the UK for a period of three years and may be granted a further extension of three years.
In order to successfully apply for an extension of Tier 2 (General) visa, applicants must score at least 70 points under the points-based system. The points are distributed as follows:
- Certificate of sponsorship (30 points)
- Appropriate salary and allowances (20 points)
- English language (10 points if the applicant can speak English to the required standard. This is automatically met if the applicant receives 75 points for previous attributes)
- Maintenance of funds (10 points if the applicant has £900 of funds for 90 successive days)
A certificate of sponsorship can be obtained as a result of the following:
- The position has an annual salary of at least £150,000 or
- The position is on the shortage occupation list or
- The sponsor has completed a resident labour market test or
- The applicant wants to continue working in the same position for the same employer
- Between 6 April 2012 to 5 April 2013, there is a limit of 20,700 applicants that can come to the UK under the Tier 2 (General) visa where the annual salary is under £150,000. There is no limit for applicants with an annual salary over £150,000
Fees and Processing
There is a fee payment required for this visa and it may be updated from time to time, therefore please consult us prior to your application.
For more information regarding the application process, the documents required and fees, please contact us on 00 44 (0) 7948721767 or at firstname.lastname@example.org