Tier 2 (Minister of Religion)
This category applies to non-EU individuals who have been offered employment or positions within their faith communities in the UK. Under this visa, successful applicants may stay in the UK for a period of three years and may be granted a further extension of three years.
In order to successfully apply for an extension of Tier 2 (Minister of religion) visa, applicants must score at least 70 points under the points-based system. The points are distributed as follows:
- Certificate of sponsorship (50 points)
- English language (10 points if the applicant can speak English to the required standard)
- Maintenance of funds (10 points if the applicant has £900 of funds for 90 successive days)
A certificate of sponsorship can be allocated for ministers of religion undertaking preaching and pastoral work, missionaries or members of religious orders with a permanent commitment.,
Pastoral work includes the following:
- Leading worship regularly
- Preaching and teaching
- Overseeing marriages, funerals and other special ceremonies
- Offering to counsel to members of the congregation
- Recruiting and training local volunteers.
Missionary work can include the following:
- The organisation and coordination of missionary activity
- Supervising staff
- Being in charge of a particular area such as finance or IT
- Translation of religious texts.
Fees and Processing
There is a fee payment required for this visa and it may be updated from time to time, therefore please consult us prior to your application.
For more information regarding the application process, the documents required and fees, please contact us on 00 44 (0) 7948721767 or at email@example.com