Tier 2 (Sportsperson)
This category applies to non-EU individuals who are elite sportspeople and coaches who are at an international level in their field of sport. Under this visa, successful applicants may stay in the UK for a period of three years and may be granted a further extension of three years.
In order to successfully apply for an extension of Tier 2 (Sportsperson) visa, applicants must score at least 70 points under the points-based system. The points are distributed as follows:
- Certificate of sponsorship (50 points)
- English language (10 points if the applicant can speak English to the required standard)
- Maintenance of funds (10 points if the applicant has £900 of funds for 90 successive days).
A certificate of sponsorship can be obtained as a result of the following:
- Qualification to do the job
- Plans to be based in the UK
- Compliance with conditions of stay in the UK and compliance with leaving when required.
This certificate of sponsorship must contain an endorsement number from the governing body for your sport.
Fees and Processing
There is a fee payment required for this visa and it may be updated from time to time, therefore please consult us prior to your application.
For more information regarding the application process, the documents required and fees, please contact us on 00 44 (0) 7948721767 or at email@example.com.