Tier 5 (Charity Worker)
This category applies to non-EU individuals who are coming to the UK to perform voluntary and unpaid work for a charity. Under this visa, successful applicants may stay in the UK for the shorter of a period of 12 months or the time specified in the certificate of sponsorship plus 28 days.
In order to successfully apply for a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker – Charity worker) visa, applicants must score at least 40 points under the points-based system. The points are distributed as follows:
- Certificate of sponsorship (30 points)
- Maintenance of funds (10 points if the applicant has £900 of funds for 90 successive days).
A certificate of sponsorship for a charity worker must confirm that the applicant is:
- The applicant will work directly and voluntarily for the charity
- The applicant will not receive payment or reimbursement for work unless the payment is in relation to reasonable expenses
- The applicant will not take a permanent position
- The applicant will follow the conditions of the visa, including leaving when the visa expires.
Applicants who are required to leave and return to the UK as a part of their voluntary employment can obtain a multiple entry certificate of sponsorship from their sponsor that will allow this.
Applicants are unable to transition into this category if they are currently in the UK under another immigration category.
Fees and Processing
There is a fee payment required for this visa and it may be updated from time to time, therefore please consult us prior to your application.
For more information regarding the application process, the documents required and fees, please contact us on 00 44 (0) 7948721767 or at email@example.com.