Tier 5 (Creative and Sporting)
This category applies to non-EU individuals who want to live in the UK as sportspeople (recognised at an international level), entertainers or creative artists. Under this visa, successful applicants may stay in the UK for a period of 12 months, and creative artists may be granted a further extension of 12 months.
In order to successfully apply for a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - Creative and sporting) visa, applicants must score at least 40 points under the points-based system. The points are distributed as follows:
- Certificate of sponsorship (30 points)
- Maintenance of funds (10 points if the applicant has £900 of funds for 90 successive days).
A certificate of sponsorship for a sportsperson must include an endorsement from an appropriate governing body. This endorsement must confirm that the applicant is:
- Established at an internationally-recognised level and/or
- Making a significant contribution to their sport at the highest level in the UK and
- Filling a position that could not be filled by a resident worker.
A certificate of sponsorship for a creative artist must confirm that:
- The applicant is going to the UK to work or perform in their particular area and
- Is not intending to establish a business in the UK and
- Does not pose a threat to the resident labour market and
- Will comply with the conditions of the visa.
Fees and Processing
There is a fee payment required for this visa and it may be updated from time to time, therefore please consult us prior to your application.
For more information regarding the application process, the documents required and fees, please contact us on 00 44 (0) 7948721767 or at [email protected]