Tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange)
This category applies to non-EU individuals who are coming to the UK through approved programs designed to share knowledge and experience. Applicants cannot be coming to the UK to fill job vacancies and cannot be unskilled. Under this visa, successful applicants may stay in the UK for a period of 12 to 24 months.
In order to successfully apply for a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker – Government authorised exchange) visa, applicants must score at least 40 points under the points-based system. The points are distributed as follows:
- Certificate of sponsorship (30 points)
- Maintenance of funds (10 points if the applicant has £900 of funds for 90 successive days).
- The certificate of sponsorship must have the same details as contained in the applicant’s passport, must be assigned no more than 3 months before the date of application and must be current (i.e. not withdrawn by the sponsor).
The sponsor must guarantee that:
- The applicant is coming to the UK for a short time to work or train via an approved program
- The applicant does not plan to set up a business
- The applicant will meet the requirements of the exchange scheme.
- The sponsor must be a body supported and approved by a UK government department. Individual employers or organisations are not permitted to sponsor individuals under this category except for applicants coming to the UK as a sponsored researcher or as an employee of a government department.
Applicants are unable to transition into this category if they are currently in the UK under another immigration category.
Fees and Processing
There is a fee payment required for this visa and it may be updated from time to time, therefore please consult us prior to your application.
For more information regarding the application process, the documents required and fees, please contact us on 00 44 (0) 7948721767 or at firstname.lastname@example.org